Thursday, January 7, 2010

The two week move to California for Christmas!






Grammy, Grumpy, and the boys!

Ok so I've been asked several times when a new blog entry will be posted...well here it is. I'm in a hurry so I hope I don't forget to many details, and I am sure I will miss a few words here and there but I'm not writing a paper to be graded...so bare with me. Ok, so we will get started with the long, I mean long drive. The first day we left at 4:30 am with the car packed full. I mean full there was not room for one more thing. Jake had the smallest spot in the very back of the suburban. Everyone asked how he did, and we said pretty good...we think...we couldn't see him the whole drive! I did not go to bed at all the night before because I was trying to get everything done, so for those of you who know me well I MUST have sleep. I did get a few hours when we got in the car, but it was not enough, and felt awful and I'm sure Daniel and the boys wished I would have slept a little more! The last few hours of the first day in the car the boys started to fight. Daniel said if one more person cried he was pulling over and giving them both a spanking well of course one more person cried, so he pulled over and gave spankings. Well as soon as he started to drive away Owen called him "a poopie" so needless to say, Daniel pulled over at the next exit gave Owen another spanking and then started driving. Once Daniel got on the freeway Owen calls him a "zobo" which translates to bozo. Daniel was so mad he wanted to pull over again. I told him he was not going to pull over every mile until we got to flagstaff (which was our stop for the night). All the chaos finally subsided and we got to our destination. I do have to give our 2 year-old a little credit though...he was smart enough to wait for the name calling until Daddy got back on the road!



Our trip was very eventful this time. We went to the beach, Disneyland and of course Christmas time is just time consuming. Some of the highlights from the trip...fresh squeezed orange juice and game night, oh yes and Daniel's seal impression.



Everyday from Grumpy's orange trees orange juice was made. I'm not a fan, but Daniel is. The reason it is a highlight is because bless my Dads heart, he is obsessed with people getting citrus on their granite counter tops. My brother in-law and sister go to my parents on a regular basis, and still to this day my dads tells Darren to make sure and not get the oranges on the counter top because it will ruin it. It really is quite funny when Darren just says "oh okay" like he doesn't know already because he eats oranges every time he goes over there. So, making the OJ is an ordeal in a half. I'm not kidding you when I say that. They literally line the counter top with a plastic trash bag. Dad jut for the record...we ALL know not to get citrus on the counter tops I PROMISE. He did seal the granite when we went to Disneyland because I think it was really stressing him out!



So onto game night. One night we are all playing games which is quite amusing at the Albrecht household. Darren hates game night. He never has been a game player, but over the years he has come around...a little. So one night we are playing a game and I'm not sure what brought up the discussion, but Darren makes the comment and he says "because I am a cabinero" he was trying to say "caballero" which is cowboy in spanish. I think it was the funniest thing that happened the whole trip. We are going to get shirts made for his 40th birthday that have a picture of a cabin + a habanero pepper = a cowboy it is going to be great. You go Cabinero!



Then we have Daniel acting like the seals we fed while we were in Moro Bay. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen him do, and I did not even get a picture if it. He was laying on his stomach barking like a seal and slapping his side. My mom did get a video of it, but I think he would kill me if I posted it. Maybe we could make a deal...Erin you let me post the video of you singing "single ladies" and "all by myself "and maybe Daniel will let me post the seal video. What do you say?!?! Yikes....that is what I have to say.



So that was our trip. I do have tons of pictures that I will be posting and a few more stories but for now this is what I got! Mom...hopefully I did not share too much information, sorry Dad I had to talk about the oranges, just couldn't resist! We had a great time. I always love going "home"!

No comments:

Post a Comment