Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pictures and the joys of "single" parenting

So, I am going to take the time to post some pictures of our California trip. I am doing this because I don't feel like doing anything else, and I am stuck in the apartment, due to the fact that I was up all night with a puking 7-month old, and then after three hours of sleep I was woken up by a puking 5-year old (well almost 5 he will let you know he is still 4 when he is getting into trouble, and I say you are 5-years old Ethan, you should know better. I know he gets his stubbornness from you Daniel!) You would think that an "almost" 5-year old could make it to the bathroom, but that is simply not the case when they are woken up from a sound sleep with an upset tummy. Not only was there a trail of puke from his bed to the bathroom, it was bright red because he had red pop with his dinner...so much for getting our deposit back on the apartment! Did I mention Daniel left for Chicago yesterday, so I was taking care of sick babies by myself...not fun. Thank goodness he is coming home tonight, because I am sure it is only a matter of time before I get it!

The walk down to the beach!

Grammy, Noah and Owen

Owen and Grammy Making sandcastles





Feeding the Seals

Doesn't he look so cute in those Uggs...Daniel hates them, I LOVE them!

Evy looking for crabs

Ryan and Erin with Eli...they are so sweet with him! Not sure who wins aunt of the year award...Erin went to Disneyland with us while have tonsillitis, but Lisa took Eli for two nights when we went. I think I am going to have to call it a tie!


Aren't they the cutest couple... ha ha...if I had to see any more PDA between them I was going to throw up!!! Would you propose all ready Ryan? But, seriously...I think you are going to make a great addition to our family and I am glad she found you!



A little beach football with the boys!


The Burkhart Family! What can I say...they are a beautiful family and I just love them all to pieces. They would do anything for us...Darren has offered to help us move when the house is done. He is the best and Lisa you are the best "big sister", I am so blessed to have the four of you in my life! I wish we were closer!




Running from the waves under the pier

Owie lost his "quab" (aka crab)



And that was our first trip to the beach since we've had kids, and they loved it! Pictures of Christmas are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment