Monday, November 8, 2010

Goodbye bp


Okay, so no pictures today, just an update on our lives. Daniel said goodbye to his career at BP a few weeks ago. He is onto new and exciting things at Magellan (or however you spell it!). I had mixed emotions about it all, and no, never voiced them to my husband. He was with BP for 7 years, and it is a very scary decision when you are comfortable with things, but I trust his judgement. We are where we are because I have an amazing husband who works really hard and is very talented at what he does, but BP also gave him the opportunity to excel and provided us with a wonderful life which allowed me to stay at home with my children, so it has been a bit sad to say goodbye.
He now works downtown and yes in a cubical because everyone has one there. Which is a bit of a change. I'm still not sure about all of it. I hope it works out! We met lots of wonderful people throughout his career at BP, people we will never forget and are blessed to have met, especially our time in Seattle when we moved a thousand miles away from home, and knew no one. A few of the families took us in as there own kids and I will always keep them close to my heart (you know who you are and are missed and loved!).
I took the boys to his office on his last day of work to say goodbye and "help" him unpack his office. It was kind of sad day for me. Daniel was ready to get the heck out of there (except I know he misses Mr. fist bump!), it was a really weird mixture of emotions because I wasn't leaving my job and I don't see the people everyday, but any how it was sad. It's like starting over and a lot of unknowns, and I soooo don't do good with situations like that. I'm just glad he's away from some of those crazies he traveled out of town with that "made" him stay out until 2am drinking yards of beer and taking shots of tequila (you know who you are too!)! Hopefully the new company has rules on that, so we don't get divorced ;)!
Daniel I hope this is what you are looking for (I know you are still contemplating on what you want to be when you "grow up") For now I hope you will be happy with your new career. I know you made the right decision and, I only wish for you to find happiness and joy in your new adventure. You can succeed anywhere and I think that's what makes me feel "safe" about your choice. I love and good luck! Thank you for all you do for our family, you are a wonderful husband and Daddy! xoxox
So, goodbye bp and thank you for all you have given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment