Thursday, August 26, 2010

Remodeling the new house....NOT because we want to

Okay, so our lives have been complete and utter chaos since...well I would say last June when Eli was born. Poor baby he has no clue what normal life is, but then what really is normal and maybe this is just the way our lives are going to be now? So... 1)Eli was born 2)we sold our old house 3)started building a custom home (serious chaos) 4)moved into an apartment (only 1100 square feet, all five of us and our yellow lab!)5)took our first road trip to California (sorry but that was chaos too, do you remember the zobo story)6) My first surgery the begin of March when we were supposed to be in the new one at the end of the month (ps the day before this surgery I tore three tendons in my ankle, bruised the bones and broke my tibius or something like that, which lead to several sessions of physical therapy because I had time for that) 7) second surgery the week before we were moving because evidently I'm allergic to all stitches besides silk and I had to learn the hard way 8) moving and unpacking 9)Third surgery in June (a tumor, not cancer thank goodness) 10) My incision opened a week after the surgery (which happened to be 4th of July and we were at the lake, sucked for me!) which left me with a huge hole in my stomach because they couldn't close it back up 11) trip to MI (road trip again) 12) found out I had a hernia from an incision from the tumor surgery so had to schedule another surgery 13) Lake Powell Trip (which everyone should go on) 14)Hernia repair surgery which was way worse then they thought and I am still recovering and it was two weeks ago today...it's going to be a long recovery 15)WE HAVE A WATER LEAK IN THE NEW HOUSE....WHAT??? and yes we had mold and yes they had to rip out the dinning room and our floors and probably re-sand and re stain the whole house to match the dining room. I noticed the wains coating bubbling awhile back, and this is what it ended up looking like before it was all said and done. Oh, did I mention that my sister is getting married in three weeks. See... complete and utter CHAOS!!! I know I am blessed and other people out there have a way worse story, but it still is not fun living in chaos and I know some was brought on by us, but still did we really have to add all the surgeries into the mix?!?! and the water leak? Anyway they have been tearing out the dinning room be for a few days and put these huge air purifiers in our house. Can we say LOUD it is miserable, like my house is not loud enough already with three boys plus we have to have the cartoons blasting in the background and then everyone has to yell anyway to hear others because of the filters, I have never heard the word what so many times in three days and it is getting annoying! Now the rebuild begins, so more chaos. I think I need pain and suffering for this. HMMM...I wonder if that really exists?!?! I'm so on board if it does! Anyway my point was poor baby Eli he is such a good baby and I think it's because he was born into chaos and he has no choice but to be good! I hope for his sake this all ends soon. I guess the saying is true, when it rains it pours, but it could be much much worse. So we are remodeling our four month old house!

No comments:

Post a Comment